• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1987 Mustang GT 5.0 convertible value

Josh85

I recently checked out a 87 5.0 GT convertible she’s beautiful. The interior was all redone with TMI upholstery, chrome cobra 5 spoke wheels, engine mostly factory besides ac delete and flowmaster 2.5 inch exhaust. The car has been repainted and a new top was installed. The gauge cluster is after market but i cant see how i can check for a engine light since that is gone with the original cluster. The miles are unknown he said had 65k before the cluster was changed and the new cluster says 1200. Car fax came back clean no accidents just mileage roll back. He will not take a penny less than 8500. My question is what should i expect to pay for a 87 fox body gt convertible. I am new into the mustang world always wanted one
But could not afford but now is may chance. Thanks in advance for any input.

Mr. Ed

The car fax should show the actual mileage. If you look at "sold" listings on e-bay, fox bodies are all over the place. I've seen projects go for good money and nice cars sit. I have my '93 5.0 LX convertible for sale and have lowered the price to $7200.00 with no interest. So it will get winterized and go back into the garage. And mine is an all original, beautiful, unmolested, three owner car. So I might suggest you look elsewhere for a nicer car at that price.

Just my two cents.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

If you go to the search box at the top right corner of the screen and type in Mr. Ed, then search, all posts by me will come up. I just tried it and the for sale ad is the second one down. If that fails, just go to the classified section. I put the car there in June.

I am in New Jersey, about 30 minutes from Philadelphia on the way to Atlantic City.

Later!
Mr. Ed