• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1986 Mustang GT daily driver coil overs

Grantb123

I have a 1986 GT 5spd. I am rebuilding the motor right now and I am not doing anything special to it. Just headers and exhaust. This will be a street only car and I won’t be taking it to a “real” track or anything. Sure I’ll beat on it in the streets and stuff but nothing serious. I was wondering what would be the most comfortable coil overs.
Also. The previous owner attached a trailer hitch the this car and used to pull his Seadoo down to the lake. Which I love haha. Just thought that was somethin funny

broncojunkie

It used to be common to see hitches on these! I've owned a couple with hitches, but never towed with them. People just didn't care back then lol!

I can't help with the coilover questions other than to say I never felt the need for them. I suppose they're better for dialing in a nice stance. For the fronts, it seems to me it could cause too much stress on the shock towers, which weren't meant to support the weight of the car. Having said that, I know lots of people running them with no issues. In fact, they all seem to love it.