• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1985 Ford Mustang GT

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
mcdrive_logo.gif

These GMP die cast model are insanely detailed, down to seatbelt straps and engine bay parts.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Ok Guys just jumped on the new Fox forum from WickedStangs. I been a member of wicked Stangs for about 7 years now but we all dont know everything so thats why we are here to meet new people and connect and share knowledge. so heres my question, I have a 85 mustang T-TOP and I love the car I have always wanted a t-top. My first Fox was a 90 GT and loved it. There are a few things about the 85 I would liket to change and need some questions answered. Will a new dash go into the car with simply plug and play or should I leave it alone. It all works. I like the steering wheel and seats but not crazy about the dash. I dont want to offend anyone but... I dont like the 4 eyed look either. What would it take to convert it over and get rid of the 4 eyed look. The main reason for this is to change out the stock hood to a Cobra R hood. I love that hood. Do I have to change out all the front sheet metal?

Blown347

Staff member
Ok Guys just jumped on the new Fox forum from WickedStangs. I been a member of wicked Stangs for about 7 years now but we all dont know everything so thats why we are here to meet new people and connect and share knowledge. so heres my question, I have a 85 mustang T-TOP and I love the car I have always wanted a t-top. My first Fox was a 90 GT and loved it. There are a few things about the 85 I would liket to change and need some questions answered. Will a new dash go into the car with simply plug and play or should I leave it alone. It all works. I like the steering wheel and seats but not crazy about the dash. I dont want to offend anyone but... I dont like the 4 eyed look either. What would it take to convert it over and get rid of the 4 eyed look. The main reason for this is to change out the stock hood to a Cobra R hood. I love that hood. Do I have to change out all the front sheet metal?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong,

But the 87-93 bumper covers should bolt right up to the early models. I've seen several for sale that have the late model bumper covers in lieu of the four eyes. you will definitely need a new hood, but i don't think there is any cutting or fabricating involved. As for the dash (if youre trying to change to a later year dash) it is not plug and play. That will take some work and some fancy wiring to convert. but it is doable.

hmmm I always thought it was the hood and front facia that is diffrent. That is why you cant find after market hoods other than a cowl for a 4 eyed fox.

Someone send us some help

One Owner 1982

You really should consider keeping the 4 eyed look. The cars are becoming more rare by the day. With the over consumption of 86 to 93 Fox bodies the 4 eyed cars are going to the next big thing. My 82 is mostly all stock and as a one owner car there’s no way I’d change the look. But I understand you like the two eyed look. So to each his/her own. Good luck