• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1984 T-Top Body

fordman460

Hi Guys

Im new to the foxbody family. Im looking to trade a couple cars for a newer mustang and a 1984 GT T-Top 5 speed. The car is in very rough shape. Interior pretty much all needs redone - it's missing pieces, what is there is not in good shape. The motor turns over but has been sitting. Engine wiring harness is a mess. Mouse crap all over. Wasp nests. An awful repaint that is awful and peeling. Looks like a bondo skim coat. You get the picture.

My question is i know these t-tops are fairly rare, but are they rare enough to take a trade like this in this condition? Is this body of any real value to anyone?

Again, new to this community and looking for advice! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7206.jpg
    IMG_7206.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7207.jpg
    IMG_7207.jpg
    854.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7208.jpg
    IMG_7208.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7209.jpg
    IMG_7209.jpg
    925.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7210.jpg
    IMG_7210.jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7211.jpg
    IMG_7211.jpg
    857.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7212.jpg
    IMG_7212.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7213.jpg
    IMG_7213.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7203.jpg
    IMG_7203.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7205.jpg
    IMG_7205.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 7

broncojunkie

I would guess, from the pics, it's value is that of a parts car. $2-500 in my area. If the frame rails, shock towers, torque boxes, floor pans, rocker panels, core support, roof, door jams, and pillars are solid.... someone could rebuild it using bolt-on parts from another car. Doors, hood, hatch, etc. Most of the t-top cars ended up with bad rust due to leaks. So they're getting hard to find. But they're just not worth saving when they've got bad "bones". If the t-top frame is in good shape and the original door glass is there (t-top specific), then they can fetch a couple hundred right there. Typically to someone with a rusted sunroof. You can cut them out and install the t-top frame. Swap door glass, cut off the upper door frames and swap over some trim. You'd have a t-top car built pretty much the way they were done from the factory (or did they do them at a 3rd party conversion company? I forget).