• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1982 mustang gt hatchback ttops

CHUYSVT88

Restoring a 1982 mustang gt t-tops
I'm trying to restore a original 1982 gt ttops. I want to know if is worth it. Before it had a 87-93 frontend, I just installed the original 82 frontend

Attachments

• IMG-20230622-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20230622-WA0013.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 58

Ponyprez

I'm trying to restore a original 1982 gt ttops. I want to know if is worth it. Before it had a 87-93 frontend, I just installed the original 82 frontend
I see it has some front end damage, have you had it checked out to insure it is only minor? The rest doesn't look bad from the one photo and the interior is likely in need of replacement so I would suggest you write up a list of what it needs and try to put realistic costs to that list. I am finding out that my e-bay special 90 7 UP car is costing me much more than anticipated but I'm into it deep and have to finish it to lose less money than if I sell it unfinished. For me it's alright as I plan on keeping it for an extended period but like your T-top GT, it's likely that if you can do most of the labor you should be okay and in the ballpark of value.