• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

ThunderStruck

79 Hatch Base V-8
Parted out 93GT For 5-speed Driveline, Suspension, 5-Lug 11" Brakes, 5-Lug Yukon Axels,++++++
The 93 ended up being great partout. Local towing auction $500, a friend wanted the engine so $250 each.
Sometimes too good to be true works out.
Russell on brakes, more info coming.
Ed

Last edited:

broncojunkie

I've been home for a few days and got a some work done to the pace car. New rear shocks, front drag struts, caster camber plates, new Quickfuel 650 carb, and remounted alternator (had to reconfigure the alternator and belt setup because there was too much flex in the lower mounting bolt).20190621_223157.jpg

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Since its going to be 4 1/2 weeks until the next points race; I swapped out the drag wheel/tire setup for the street ones.
I hoping I can finish up the season without buying a new set until I swap wheels when I do the 5 lug conversion.
I also don't have to keep such a close eye on the weather. Driving in the rain on basically drag slicks isn't very fun.

Mr.PetesMustang

I replaced my door to body seals again. First one was too thick and I could hardly close the doors. Bought a different set of seals from LMR and they worked perfect!! Also replaced the firewall to hood seal, also from LMR. Very easy and looks great. Old one was brittle and torn. Lately I have replaced the window run channels, inner and outer door belt weatherstrips, window guide bushings, door panel moisture barriers, hatchback weatherstrip, dome light switch boots and both power window motors. Earlier, I replaced the shifter dust boot and the upper (leather) and lower shift boots. Fun projects!!

Blueknights75

Just finished valve cover gaskets, fuel pressure regulator, ACT and ECT sensor along with changing out all of the injectors and vacuum tubing. Figured while I had the upper intake off I might as well do everything so I shouldn’t have to take the intake off for a very long time. All that’s left is replacing the fuel pump and fuel sending unit.

Just finished valve cover gaskets, fuel pressure regulator, ACT and ECT sensor along with changing out all of the injectors and vacuum tubing. Figured while I had the upper intake off I might as well do everything so I shouldn’t have to take the intake off for a very long time. All that’s left is replacing the fuel pump and fuel sending unit.
Oh, fun, sending unit, in the tank. My husband did it by himself, it was a little hard. If you have a buddy to lend a hand that will help a lot. This is when he did mine.
He said to make sure you get a fuel filler neck grommet because they always tear. My hose was torn but we still replaced it since it was around $100 with hubby's discount and it's a job and he was there.

Attachments

• Fuel pump assembly 89 Mustang.jpg
    Fuel pump assembly 89 Mustang.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 7

Blueknights75

Oh, fun, sending unit, in the tank. My husband did it by himself, it was a little hard. If you have a buddy to lend a hand that will help a lot. This is when he did mine.
He said to make sure you get a fuel filler neck grommet because they always tear. My hose was torn but we still replaced it since it was around $100 with hubby's discount and it's a job and he was there.
Thank You @whiteponygirl89! I did order the grommet when I purchased the pump and sending unit as I heard exactly what you said about the grommet ripping. Did you notice a difference after the new fuel pump was installed?

Thank You @whiteponygirl89! I did order the grommet when I purchased the pump and sending unit as I heard exactly what you said about the grommet ripping. Did you notice a difference after the new fuel pump was installed?
No, not really. Mine quit working at home, never got out of the garage. Hubby did a pressure test and there wasn't any so we figured it was the fuel pump. When he took it apart he found the problem was the torn hose and it wasn't allowing proper retrieval of fuel. But, me being me, I told him to go ahead and replace the fuel pump/sock since it was apart. He could have just replaced the hose but I hate half fixing things!

Sad thing is, hubby thinks the fuel pressure switch is going out on the 2006 Burb. This is one job he will not be doing alone. It is in the tank also! Weird that the tank runs the length of the SUV and it's a 31 gallon tank.:eek:

Blueknights75

Sad thing is, hubby thinks the fuel pressure switch is going out on the 2006 Burb. This is one job he will not be doing alone. It is in the tank also! Weird that the tank runs the length of the SUV and it's a 31 gallon tank.:eek:
I had an 08 Tahoe and honestly that thing was bulletproof! I definitely hear you on the tank size though. My current truck has a 38 gallon fuel tank! It’s nice when taking a long trip to see my daughter at Appalachian State University but definitely a 2 person job to drop that tank.