• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What kind of winter plans?

broncojunkie

Just wondering if any of you have projects planned over the winter? I don't have a garage, but all kinds of parts piling up. Probably have to wait till spring. My winter project will consist of finding a piece of property to build a house (garage lol).

John2002

I'll try to pull the interior out and replace the old jute fabric with some sort of heat and soundener.Had 70 % percent of it out when I first tried replaceing the seat belt sleves, should of went all the way then. Carpet and seat are still great looking so that sgould save a few $$$. Any tips on taking the center console out???

Blown347

Staff member
I'll try to pull the interior out and replace the old jute fabric with some sort of heat and soundener.Had 70 % percent of it out when I first tried replaceing the seat belt sleves, should of went all the way then. Carpet and seat are still great looking so that sgould save a few $$$. Any tips on taking the center console out???
The removable pieces are easy, but the bottom large piece is a bit of a pain. Pull the ebrake up and wiggle it out of the dash, just don't force it, the tabs that hold it to the dash like to get stuck and break off. (Ask me how I know, lol)

John2002

I had a problem with changing those plastic sleaves on the seat belts that bolted into the trans tunnel, are there any srews in the console that pass through the sheet metal and end up outside the trans tunnel? Should I spray down what I can get at with PB Blaster a few days before attempting a screw removel???
Thanks Blown 347

Blown347

Staff member
I had a problem with changing those plastic sleaves on the seat belts that bolted into the trans tunnel, are there any srews in the console that pass through the sheet metal and end up outside the trans tunnel? Should I spray down what I can get at with PB Blaster a few days before attempting a screw removel???
Thanks Blown 347
No there is a black bracket under the back of the console that the console itself screws into, and that bracket is riveted into the trans tunnel, so it doesn't get removed. Once you take the center arm rest off (the bolts underneath the access plugs on the sides of the center console on the back) there are 2 screws that you remove to remove the console plus I believe 4 more that hold it to the dash. Pretty simple.

broncojunkie

So anyone else got projects for the wintertime?

Well, I just spoke to a guy who might be painting my 88 finally. So it might go to the paint shop! I'll know more in a couple weeks, but it will be nice to get it looking good for some cruise-ins next year.

John2002

Thanks for the info B347, I filled it up and got it a close to my tool boxes as I could today. I was goning to take the wheels off and get it up on the stands today but the neighbor is having a tree cut down, lots of saw dust in the air...

John2002

Oh Boy did weS5000101.JPG S5000123.JPG pick the right day to go...it was the best car show ever...no one was there because it was OVER... I read the time it was going to be on tv not the dates of the events...but I did get some pictures....LOL we just walked around for about an hour hob knobbing with the rich and famous picking up or taking thier cars home. I guess we really weren't supposed to be there but no one stop us and my wife even bought a few things for me.....

Attachments

• S5000128.JPG
    S5000128.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 3
  • S5000185.JPG
    S5000185.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 3

anthonydalrymple

My winter plans are pretty much just drive the car to & from work. Too damn cold out here usually since I only have a shed & carport. If finances allow; I'll be looking into getting a fresh dyno tune since I swapped the cam out(making the old tune obsolete), ordering some more N2O jets, & dialing in the hit on the dyno as well. I'm looking at the NX plate as a possible upgrade as well.

broncojunkie

Well, I just spoke to a guy who might be painting my 88 finally. So it might go to the paint shop! I'll know more in a couple weeks, but it will be nice to get it looking good for some cruise-ins next year.
Haven't been on much lately because it's bow season! Oh yeah...and I got married, lol! But I'm meeting with the guy this weekend on the paint job. He's going to look at my '82, as well. Hoping I can get the '88 painted finally.