• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Water leak. Pools up under passenger seat. NEED HELP

SVOMaster53

1984 SVO with a 5.0? YES.
My SVO sat through a rain storm and i checked to see if there were any leaks. which sadly happened. There was a pool of water underneath the passenger seat. i just restored the interior and exterior. I have no idea where the leak is coming from. really dont want to pull my brand new dash apart either. Any help would be amazing. thanks for reading.

Blown347

Staff member
Have you checked the seals for the heater box against the firewall? If its not coming from a window on that side that would be my next guess. You should be able to tell from inside the engine bay

SVOMaster53

1984 SVO with a 5.0? YES.
I did have the hood up during a rainstorm (totally forgot i left it up) and nothing is sealed or connected because the engine isnt in it right now. do you think that let all of the water in???

Blown347

Staff member
I did have the hood up during a rainstorm (totally forgot i left it up) and nothing is sealed or connected because the engine isnt in it right now. do you think that let all of the water in???
Most likely yes. There are a ton of places for water to get in there. I'd check all the holes in the firewall and see what isn't sealed