• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Thought I'd say Hello

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
I signed up a couple of days ago and have been lurking ever since and thought it was time to say Hello.

My name is Paul and I'm the original owner of my 1989 GT that we bought in May of 89. For the first 9+ yrs it was the wife’s daily driver, then in early 1999 the car became my project car, and we all know what happens once it become our project car.
I’m hoping to meet some of you soon.
In the past 12+ yrs I’ve enjoyed just about every minute I’ve spend working on the car, from redoing the suspension, exhaust, 5 lug conversion, shaving the engine bay, hiding wires and vacuum line, and polishing any aluminum part under the hood.

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
I signed up a couple of days ago and have been lurking ever since and thought it was time to say Hello.

My name is Paul and I'm the original owner of my 1989 GT that we bought in May of 89. For the first 9+ yrs it was the wife’s daily driver, then in early 1999 the car became my project car, and we all know what happens once it become our project car.
In the past 12+ yrs I’ve enjoyed just about every minute I’ve spend working on the car, from redoing the suspension, exhaust, 5 lug conversion, shaving the engine bay, hiding wires and vacuum line, and polishing any aluminum part under the hood.
Welcome Paul and hope you enjoy your stay.. How did you hear about us?

John2002

Yeah... up close you can see cracks in them and I know I could never get a new stripe on straight.. ever ...

Blown347

Staff member
Welcome. I assume you're the only "almost stock" on most forums and if that's the case, please share pictures of that beautiful engine bay with these guys.

For those that don't know, this man has probably the CLEANEST most beautiful engine bay in any fox, period!!!

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Welcome. I assume you're the only "almost stock" on most forums and if that's the case, please share pictures of that beautiful engine bay with these guys.

For those that don't know, this man has probably the CLEANEST most beautiful engine bay in any fox, period!!!

Thank you very much for the complement I really appreciate it.
It was 14 years ago that I hid the wires, vacuum line and shaved the engine bay along with polishing everything that was aluminum in the engine bay.

IMG_4220_zps872be6a5.jpg

IMG_4213_zps8c45092b.jpg

IMG_4224_zpsf34f2ac0.jpg

IMG_4212_zpsaca1dd42.jpg

DSC0085745.jpg

AS286.jpg

Front.jpg

621.jpg

IMG_4235large_zpsfc420785.jpg

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Beautiful! Is there a lot of upkeep to that polished aluminum?

Thank you!

I wouldn't say there's a lot of upkeep , it's about every 2 years that I use a polishing paste on all the aluminum and truthfully there are parts that I can't tell the difference . However the water pump hasn't been polished in over 5 years and I can see where it's starting to dull .
It's not a daily driver and my best guess is that I put 4K- 5K on it a year and that probably has something to do with the polished aluminum also.