• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tholey's Intro- early 1990's street scene

PxTx

I found my way here looking for a Fox Mustang site different form so many of the other sites. It seems this is young enough that it just could be the place. I'm 37 years old and had a great time both on the street aound Philly and at the drags racing against many 5.0's, GN and other performance vehicles. I built a 65 Malibu with my Dad when I was a Junior in High School. I had a really tight budget, but we managed to make a the car run 13.2's wiht 1.7 60' time.

Here is a picture of it at Atco in around 1993

malibu33.jpg

I've become very nostalgic for that period of my life, and the Fox Mustangs emidomoze what I felt was the second comming of the muscle car scene. I'm looking forward to guys who have lived this same time period or at least appreciate how it was.

A friend at work had talked about the 5.0 he had when he was younger, and was considering buying another. That's all I needed to hear and I set out to find him a nice collectible Mustang. In a story worthy of its own thread, I found the SAAC MkI #004 - factory 460hp car and the deal was done. Here is a pic of that car and in the spirit of nostalgia, both pictures I posted are scans of actual film pictures.

KGrHqYOKjwE09f3oU91BNiNirEhU_3.jpg

Kinda of touhg to write and into, but let's see what you guy think.

rkuhn

Thanks for sharing that! Very cool find!!! Love the pics. Please share some more. I'm 39 and raced my 69 Mustang while in high school so I know how you feel about the Fox's.

PxTx

Thanks for the welcome! 69 Mustang in high school, eh? Here is my best friend with his 69 the summer that we graduated- 1993. Pink was kinda in style back then ya know and he was color blind. He picked up a can of paint thinking it was grey, but never changed it after he spent the time to paint them. I didn't know he was color blind till I asked him why he chose pink.

JGreenMustang_zps0211d320.jpg

Here is another one of my Malibu on the line at Atco. We used to rent out the track once or twice a year. Karen Dalrymple (sp?) was a woman who used to do a lot of Philly street racing. Her tag read "Moms GN". Karen would set these days up for us (the street racers).

397112_2409907092119_1384490204_31980617_470593395_n_zpse0af9a4a.jpg

AT6svo

Welcome. Same age bracket here. Funny we're old enough to appreciate "nostaglia" now. I still feel 18 though (and ocassionaly even act that age) but you couldn't pay me to do it all over again.

rkuhn

This was my 69 in around 88 or 89 when it was still mostly stock. Unfortunately it is the only pic I have of it and I'm sporting the Don Johnson look. lol
Screen12.jpg

It's hard to see but my real race car is in the background. A tubed out 66 Chevelle SS. I didn't do it I promise!!! It had a Buick 455 Stage I in it our of a rusted out 71 GS. This was in the early 90's
img103.jpg

PxTx

Before digital, pics were a bit harder to come by. I do have some picks I need to dig out from street racing, but the lighting is poor.

That Miami Vice pics is a classic! At least you have 1 picture.

Here's one I'm fond of. It was right after I got done installing a crossram manifold with my Dad. My friends and I were about 17 and I recall them saying my car wasn't even a street car anymore. I think some were just jealous. Big fish in a small pond, but I felt great. I still have the set-up on the car today.

malibu22.jpg

old5.0

I found my way here looking for a Fox Mustang site different form so many of the other sites. It seems this is young enough that it just could be the place. I'm 37 years old and had a great time both on the street aound Philly and at the drags racing against many 5.0's, GN and other performance vehicles. I built a 65 Malibu with my Dad when I was a Junior in High School. I had a really tight budget, but we managed to make a the car run 13.2's wiht 1.7 60' time.

Here is a picture of it at Atco in around 1993

malibu33.jpg

I've become very nostalgic for that period of my life, and the Fox Mustangs emidomoze what I felt was the second comming of the muscle car scene. I'm looking forward to guys who have lived this same time period or at least appreciate how it was.

A friend at work had talked about the 5.0 he had when he was younger, and was considering buying another. That's all I needed to hear and I set out to find him a nice collectible Mustang. In a story worthy of its own thread, I found the SAAC MkI #004 - factory 460hp car and the deal was done. Here is a pic of that car and in the spirit of nostalgia, both pictures I posted are scans of actual film pictures.

KGrHqYOKjwE09f3oU91BNiNirEhU_3.jpg

Kinda of touhg to write and into, but let's see what you guy think.

Hey Paul, glad to see you here. I would say welcome to the site, but I've never made the time to post here before. I probably out to go do my own intro in the near future.