• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Speaker size in my 89 GT convert??

John2002

Just did some speakers in my sisters 2014 Kia and my 07 Montego.....now I want to tackle the ones in my Mustang. The dash and front door I know the size of but the rear side panel in my search on Crutchfeilds web site are anywhere from 4 inch to 5 X 7 to 6.5 inches. I had the panels out over the winter and I know they are round. Anyone know the true size for the rear side panels on my car??? Thanks

John2002

Well I guess I'm gonna have to pull the back seat out and take the panel off and find out myself.... I know they aren't bigger then 6.5 inches...there isn't that much room in the curved section of the panel for anything that big....

John2002

Me too...lol. its one of those ...I already did that and didn't break anything jobs.... Not that I want to but taking it apart and finding out the size is wrong for the back speaker isn't the way I want to do them. I guess there are still somethings on this car that are still a mystery after 27 years....I did however spray the trunk with a can of that Boom Mat...Still a bit odorous when you get in. Went one like spray paint and dried real quick.

Last edited: