• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Server Crashed

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
All,
We took a major hit and our server crashed as you can tell we where offline for a full day. Turns out one of the RAM sticks crapped out and corrupted our Database and I had to revert back to a stored backup.:( The earliest one I used one on the 15th which was 2 days of loss data you and others have misssing data... Sorry.. I have a new backup in place that will keep all our stuff safer and now daily backups..
Hello,
Please note that we create VPS backups every other night and keep them on a specialized backup server. VPS backups contain the whole VPS filesystem including all installed applications, site files, emails, mysql databases and anything and everything else you have stored on the VPS filesystem. However these backups cannot be used to restore a single account or any databases that include innodb formatted tables. It can be used to restore the entire VPS only. We found the backups on the following dates.
---
03/06/2014 00:52
03/07/2014 14:48
03/09/2014 14:36
03/11/2014 09:27
03/14/2014 02:21
03/15/2014 19:55
---
Please specify the date from which you need to restore the backup. We can also attempt to do a restoration of specific files and/or directories for a charge of $10. Please include all files/directories in a single request. You will be charged for subsequent partial restore requests even in the same ticket. If you agree with this charge, please get back to us with the following details and we will connect you with our Sales & Billing team to work out arrangement for the fee:
---
- list of files/directories to be restored
- date of the backup that should be used for restoration
---
Please advise how you would like to proceed.
We look forward to hearing from you,

John2002

Thats just goes to show you, its not fool proof. My company forced us to go direct deposit at work ( I know get with the times old guy) and now they want us to go paperless with in a year. Depending on this computer life style too much these days when the simplest thing like a down server could wage untold worry on us. My iphotos crashed in the begining of April, had to bring my computer in twice to correct it and you know what...I didn't miss being on the internet. I also had to start using an external back up hard drive per advice form the Apple tech's. I lost a few pictures from the first attemts with our digital camera for our 07 Ranger but as for the 40,000 other images they found on my hard drive...Why the heck were there 40,000 images on my hard drive.....I spent 4 hours in the garage Sunday cussing at the exhaust problem I had on the Mustang for 2 years and that time was better spent then sitting here for days last month trying to delete 38,000 images. LOL....

Last edited:

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
fingers crossed we will not have that issue again, I am doing daily backups now and having them saved to a cloud and local drive.. But, like you said you never know until its too late...

John2002

Yeah, if finger crossing helps...LOL I just got off the couch from 2 hours of Velocity programs and my wife asked me" aren't you working on the car today?" Its still up on the ramps for an oil change and I got a BBK strut tower brace to put on still I told here. She asked another question "how long will that take?" I said "all day" then I tossed in the quote from that State Farm commercial, "Jake from State Farm". My hint to her that its not a question I can answer with another question because that usually means I have a time limit.....Might get it done tomorrow, supposed to be near 50 and sunny then. It needs one day just for me to detail it, I wasn't able to get it under the cover before the bad weather came in...its been in the garage top down since October. We had a tree cut down and that only added to the layer of dust on the car.....

John2002

What a flippin 5 hour head ache. had the oil change down in 20 minutes and the rest of the day was trying to find lock washers I dropped that never hit the floor.... Don't ever try to put a strut tower on with the wheels on the car !!!! No room, no clear reach to the upper part of the tower and like I siad....that sound of something not hitting the floor.....