• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Radio harness question

Notchback91

Hello, I have a 91 LX Coupe, the car came to me with the radio harness pigtails cut off. It seems there is 2 separate harness where the radio should be. Trying to connect a radio but I have far to many wires going on here. Anyone familiar with these or can anyone post a picture of your connectors so I can see what each wire goes too? Both harness have at least 1 or 2 12v constant wires. Thank you. I will see if I can pin a picture in this thread not sure how.

Attachments

• 53BD688A-2DE3-4B84-92FD-A1914347F28F.jpeg
    53BD688A-2DE3-4B84-92FD-A1914347F28F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

broncojunkie

I'm not home but if I were, I could take a look at my 88. Should be close. I have a receiver just sitting in the opening, not hooked up. Won't be home for a couple weeks.

But I figured I would chime in with this. On almost all of my old Fords of this era, I simply find a constant 12v, switched 12v, and ground. Run all new speaker wiring and bypass the factory stuff. The factory speaker wiring always gave me problems... even when these cars were newer. Plus, the wires are really too small for anything other than the most gutless system. I even had to do this to my 98gt a couple years ago. The factory speaker wires shorted out and fried a nice pioneer deck.