• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Power Windows and locks

Sawmill

Old and tired
There are differences in the glass itself, but I strongly suspect the regulators, motors, etc should swap. Power lock parts should be the same too.

Mr. Ed

Having just tried to tackle replacement of the faulty lock actuator (yea, that's what they call them) in my '93 LX convertible, I can say that it is a royal pain in the neck. Now that might have something to do with the fact that I am old and do not bend like I used to. I might suggest that it might be easier to accomplish if the doors were on a workbench.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Sawmill

Old and tired
Having to use glasses to see up close is also a source of annoyance. They say youth is wasted on the young.
Doing any sort of work inside the doors is much like building a ship in a bottle. Level 10 frustration.

broncojunkie

I have a brand new actuator sitting in my garage. Haven't found the motivation to change it. I still remember the time I had replacing the window guides, motor, and glass seal (the one that goes down into the door). I think I've had this actuator for about two years.

Still beats swapping out a brake booster. I put a 93 cobra booster in my 79 a few weeks ago. Not fun in any sense of the word.

Mr. Ed

20 years ago it would have gotten done, but it just isn't in the cards any more. Now if I had a lift so I could work standing up or even sitting in front of the door I might have gotten it done. But twisting to get it done was just too much on the back. The next owner will have to worry about it.

Later!
Mr. Ed

mamaxwell

I know the feeling, I need to change other rear window motor and guides in my LX be it it looks like a lot of work. I might take it to a shop and have it done. Hands dont work like the use to.