• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

PMS install progress

Blown347

Staff member
Okay, so I finally found time to start this whole thing, and i took the exhaust pipe out to have a bung welded on for a wideband 02 sensor. Going to drop it off tomorrow, and once i get it back i can put in the gauge.

Once thats in, then i can install the PMS and start playing with it. I have a guy that is going to give me some dyno time to mess with it as well. I will keep you guys updated. looking forward to some impressive numbers, especially with the methanol injection up and running ;)

Blown347

Staff member
on the extension pipe that comes off my shorty header, about 9-12 inches before the hpipe

Blown347

Staff member
There's a lot of room in that area to mount it pointed down next to the tranny. and the installation instructions just said it had to be at least 36 inches from the motor.

Yeah it took about 7 pulls until my buddy started to figure it out, very fun little piece of equipment especially if you have boost.

Blown347

Staff member
Alright so I got the wideband almost installed lol. Mounted the methanol pump and tank as well. Slowly chippin away at it :p

Blown347

Staff member
Wideband is done, but Im going to throw my brother's wideband 02 in to see if the one i bought is bad. It seems like it is. (When it idles it will read properly, then slowly run all the way lean and put dashes across the screen. Then when you stomp on it, it will go all the way to 10.9, then go back to normal sometimes when your cruising.) Anybody know for sure? are these signs of a bad 02?