• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New

loyalleef

IMG_2515.JPG

Looking to rebuild and get road ready. Got it a couple days ago. 89 LX. How much does it typically take to have these babies looking great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

count floyd

I suppose it depends on if you want a show car or a nice summer driver, and how much work you can do yourself, how much rust there is and how decent the drivetrain is, if its a solid car and runs good ,you can throw on a decent paint job and some nice wheels and tires and put the stock taillights back on tint the windows for around 3500 bucks

loyalleef

I suppose it depends on if you want a show car or a nice summer driver, and how much work you can do yourself, how much rust there is and how decent the drivetrain is, if its a solid car and runs good ,you can throw on a decent paint job and some nice wheels and tires and put the stock taillights back on tint the windows for around 3500 bucks

Thanks. For now i just wanna get it on the road. And then do all the extra engine and exhaust work Plus interior

count floyd

from your pictures the body looks clean. I buy lots of mustang parts new and used off ebay there are lots of mustang guys some are down south and have good prices on rust free parts, for new performance parts I always buy from summit racing, they have a huge stock and i always get my parts in 2 to 3 days unless its something back ordered.
interior parts are expensive but if you shop around online you can find it reasonable but dont mix interior parts from one brand to another after market interior parts some times have different pattern in the vinyl and cloth so they may look different so if you buy door panels buy them from the same place unless you buy oem or they may not match and colors may vary, What engine is in that mustang and how many miles are on it?

loyalleef

from your pictures the body looks clean. I buy lots of mustang parts new and used off ebay there are lots of mustang guys some are down south and have good prices on rust free parts, for new performance parts I always buy from summit racing, they have a huge stock and i always get my parts in 2 to 3 days unless its something back ordered.
interior parts are expensive but if you shop around online you can find it reasonable but dont mix interior parts from one brand to another after market interior parts some times have different pattern in the vinyl and cloth so they may look different so if you buy door panels buy them from the same place unless you buy oem or they may not match and colors may vary, What engine is in that mustang and how many miles are on it?

Wow thanks for the info! I’ll check all of that out. The dash read 27k but i feel like he may have swapped it out before that seems too low but i can’t see that being the original milage. And it’s a 2.3 I’m assuming. (Didn’t see the 5.0 on the side) I honestly dont know cuz i wasn’t able to drive it and when i looked under the hood and saw the battery was missing i just left lol. Didn’t even check for the Litters because i was rushing and had somewhere to be. Gonna get it running this week for sure tho [emoji16]. I have a lot to learn with mustangs I’m a challenger owner