• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member from Delaware

John2002

Need more info.....LOL welcome to the site....Whats the plans or are you still getting used to a 30 year old Icon....

87notch

Lol thanks. Right now it's just got BBK shorties and 373 gears. First things are changing h pipe and mufflers. Want to put weld wheels on. Cowl hood. Cold air intake and all the other basic bolt on goodies.

John2002

YEP....thats what I said 7 years ago...lol....This winter I just took off the air pump and plumbing that was with it and changed the injectors and plugged off those thermactor ports on the back of the heads....now I'm hunting down a O-ring for the leaking dipstick tube that I had to remove to get at the back of the passenger side head...the engine is still in the car so I always take the hard way to do anything...this was supposed to be the year for the long tube headers but after I added up the total for them and the injectors and a few other things....well lets say the BBK shorty's are going back on where the were for the last 3 years....I took the tube out and whats at the end of my tube looks like a short rubber sleeve and a flat rubber grommet about one inch above the end of the tube that goes into the trans, but what I've seen on the web are nothing but O-rings...anywhere from 99 cents to 4 dollars....I know its not the original trans because on the side of the bell housing " AOD 88" is printed in that white high lite pencil... It was in the car when I bought it...I'm taking the tube back out and heading to a Ford dealer Monday to see just what I have....other then that every bolt on part I've have added to my car has been really easy to get at and handle with my knowledge and garage space....This might be the last year for owning the car...its not that its costing too much but the last few years we haven't had it out as much because of the weather around here...way to long rainy seasons and much too hot summers for any top down driving...I think I only filled it up 4 times last year....