• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need some INFO....

John2002

Just finished installing new Accle EVI 19 lbs injectors and removed all the smog stuff and pollution parts...Had no cats for about 3 years and now the car won't idle right. I only had one set of O2's on it when I bought it, they are still on the exhaust just past the collected from my BBK shorties. Just talked to some one about O2 simulators...
What will they do if I find any and do I need to do anything to the program of the computer...1989 5.0 GT automatic with SR Cold Air Intake, BBK shorties and Flow Masters American Thunder exhaust.

Last edited:

broncojunkie

Have you ruled out other issues causing your idle to be screwy? I recently did maf swap, 24 lb injectors, explorer intake, cai, cam, and some other upgrades. I had a surging idle problem and I just presumed it was something to do with all the upgrades. But it turned out to be a bad tps (I tried to adjust it but it was way out of spec).

John2002

The TPS it probably oem..my buddy wants to scan the computer just what its set at....when I got it, it was almost stock under the hood, the dealer put on a new EGR before they sold it and I began the rest of the upgrade...is the TPS adjustable or is it fixed on the throttle body? I'm not good with a meter so I guess I'll have to wait for my buddy to get some free time....MAF, IACM both made the car run different when I plugged them but not better....I'll run the car tomorrow and fart with the TPS....