• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My New 86 LX

rkuhn

Yesterday I went and picked up an 86 LX with a 3.8 I have been looking for a good DD for a few months and came across this little gem. I was actually looking for a 91-93 with a 2.3 but liked what I saw when I went and looked at it. I probably paid too much for her at $1200 but I liked what I saw. She runs perfect and drove flawlessly the 90 miles to my house from where I bought her. Everything works even the cruise and the A/C. Has 41,xxx on the odometer so I assume it’s 141,xxx. The body is straight with no rust!!! She looks to be all original with the exception of an older repaint and a CD player. The interior is great with the exception of a cracked dash and a ripped driver’s seat. Someone also went crazy with a spray can on the hubcaps but I’m going to put a set of 10 holes I have on her.

This time tomorrow, or Friday at the latest she will be Ford Blue Metallic. I already replaced the nose that was split and the rear bumper cover that had two splits in it. Fortunately I already had the parts. I already have a black 83 EXP, a black with canyon red interior 84 GT Turbo, and a black with canyon red interior convertible. I love that color combo but a black car for a DD is too much to keep up with. Or I could keep it black and keep the number procession going and get the black 82 GT I’ve always wanted. :cool:

Now the down side, my wife said if I got this car I would have to sell the EXP so I will be putting it up for sale asking $15,000 firm.:woot: I already told her it would be a tough sell in this economy. ;)

86Mustang002_zpsba57028b.jpg

86Mustang003_zpsb27ff5ad.jpg

86Mustang005_zps64b21906.jpg

86Mustang006_zps626ba2fd.jpg

86Mustang007_zps62af51cf.jpg

86Mustang008_zpsd9163e71.jpg

86Mustang012_zps03bf20d4.jpg

86Mustang013_zpse1aa629e.jpg

86Mustang014_zps345c9c18.jpg

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
I don't think I could own one of these as a DD. Too much temptation to make it scream! Nice car though, love these years!

I don't think I could own one of these as a DD. Too much temptation to make it scream! Nice car though, love these years!
I was thinking the same thing. I have always thought it would be cool to put a T-bird SC engine in a Mustang and this one already has a 3.8 in it, easy bolt in! :D

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2