• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Issue with a caliper

70gtvert

Help! I have a 90LX that I put new high $ rotors on about 1300 miles ago. My problem is with the driver side caliper. After about 1200 miles with the new rotors, the caliper started tilting forward (I think) when I hit the brakes (only sometimes, not always) and the inside of the caliper top rubbed on the top outer circumference of the rotor. Sounds just like a bad pad rubbing on the flat of the rotor. The caliper is tight, I can't move it by hand and as noted, it is not always happening. Was thinking of taking a grinder and doing some lite grinding on the inside of the caliper where I can see the rubbing taking place, but not to much, just a little as I think if it was really a lot of extra metal there it would be doing it every time. Any thoughts? Anyone experience this before? Thanks, John