• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Is there a "What did you do today" thread?

John2002

I did very little with it this year...only a few washes and some car shows. Going to a big show on Thursday and a bigger one on Saturday...

Attachments

• willow-springs-2015-12x18-final-poster-792x1024.jpg
    willow-springs-2015-12x18-final-poster-792x1024.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 9
  • ffc62b4372fbec5149d8c3a3a8d2b8e7.jpg
    ffc62b4372fbec5149d8c3a3a8d2b8e7.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

John2002

I've been doing more on my newer old car then the older old one. I picked up a 2003 Grand Marquis GS....yes a 12 year old land yacht... and loving it!!!!
Not sure why they only drove it 37,000 miles in 12 years but it does show it age well. I went through the brakes....needed them big time and just found out that the GS was bare bones for that year. Other then having to get an alarm installed just to get remotes to unlock the doors without using the key....so 1970's
It is as clean as if it just rolled out of the showroom. Other then a broken right mirror and needing new tires......it great!!! The inside looks even better then the outside... a little old lady from Naperville traded it in in April at a Mercedes Benz dealership....if it was on their lot one more week it was heading to the auto auction...

Attachments

• S5000089.jpg
    S5000089.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 8
  • S5000092.jpg
    S5000092.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 8
  • S5000091.jpg
    S5000091.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 8

broncojunkie

Haven't done much to mine. Just replaced the inner door handle bezels and seat belt sleeves. I also ordered rear hatch area carpet (with the pony logo). Should be in Monday. Not sure when I'll get a chance to install it.

rear hatch pony logo carpet.jpg

I've been working locally, for a change...well...and hour away. But I still have to put in 28 days in a row. 12 hr days. Haven't had much time to do anything major. We've really been focusing on buying a new house with a garage so I'll have a place to park the ponies and work on them when the weather turns bad. We're under contract, so hopefully we'll be moving in a month or two.

John2002

We had a very dusty car show Wednesday and didn't take the car out Saturday because my parents came to that show with us. Not to getting 4 people in a convertible Mustang unless two of them are 6 year old kids...

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Next month I'm taking my Mustang to another car show. The last car show I took my mustang to was June 20,2015 there was only 18 other Mustangs between the years of 87-93 and being judged, one person said he'd spent close to 80K on his, I walked away with this.

2015 Car Show.jpg

broncojunkie

Put a new shifter knob on, to replace the old, faded, cracked white one that looked terrible. Also replaced the inner door handle bezels, mirror hole covers, and front bumper blue oval emblem. Got the new hatch area carpet set too, but it will be a while before I get enough time to put it in.

20150811_194057.jpeg

broncojunkie

Yanked out the rear seat backs and took them inside. Stripped the carpet off, in preparation for replacement. All of the plastic push pins down the sides came right out. Every single one along the top snapped right off. Just too brittle after years of sun beating down on them, I guess. I'm going to pick up some new ones tomorrow and try to get the carpet on the seat backs in the next couple evenings. Hopefully, I'll have new carpet in the rear hatch area by next week.

I also ordered a new headlight switch. Mine is in rough shape and I just realized the headlights aren't working, unless you pull back on the dimmer switch. Didn't have time to check it out...and I'm not convinced the headlight switch is to blame, but I'll start by putting a new one in, since this one doesn't look too hot. I think the previous owner wired in a switch that allowed him to run the brights and the fog lights at the same time. I may have wired it up wrong when I put the carpet in. The switch is mounted down on the side of the center console...by the driver's knee. It has 3 wires going to it; all the same color. I didn't bother marking them when I hooked them in. To be honest, I forgot what the switch was for lol.

broncojunkie

Got the new carpet on the rear seat backs tonight. Wasn't too bad of a job. Turned out pretty good. I'll take a pic once I get it all in the car. Tomorrow night, after work, I'll start on putting the hatch carpet in along with the fold-down mechanism. I am pretty sure there are probably some bolts or hardware I'm missing. I don't have a clue how everything goes together, so I'll just have to figure it out.

John2002

Washed it and put a few coats of wax on it last Sunday Sunday, we went to the Saturday car show without the car. Mom and dad came over Friday after noon and I wasn't able to complete a brake job on my dads car. He took it in the week before for an oil change and two days later a "Check Traction Control" light came on. He took it back to the dealer and they came back with a $1,400 dollar repair bill. It also included a Fuel injector cleaning brake fluid flush and new right front caliper. They also wanted turn the rear rotors and replace the pads. They said that the caliper had an internal leak....ahhh INTERNAL LEAK.....I took it all apart and found no leaks anywhere, the rear rotors looked almost brand new and the front rotors needed a finish cut. I put new pads and had the rear rotors cut as well. We had it almost done late Friday night but it was getting late and they wanted to take us to dinner.....as always...food!!!! I put it all back together before they came over on Saturday....They wanted to go to the car show with us so we had to take the 4 door!!!! He has a 09 Buick Lucern with only 36,000 miles on it. They can't sell any cars so they are trying to make up the difference in the service bays....

broncojunkie

I just realized there IS already a "what did you do today" thread. I don't know why I couldn't find it. Heck..I've posted in it a while back!

Maybe a moderator could move these over? Not sure if that's possible.

John2002

It's ok, I guess we are the only ones that are using this one any how.....Not doing a thing to the car today either, going to a triple a ball club game at 3 and its supposed to be a scorcher!!!!! Temps in the 90's and lots of humidity on top of that.....

Last edited: