• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Marc Fucile

I bought a 1990 Mustang LX with a 331 stroker - less than 100k on the body and less than 5k on the motor build. The car came with no spec sheet for the build. Unknown cam and head work dimensions. Car runs on 93+ octane, 4 lug, disc front, drum rear. Cooper - low profile tires all around - 17in Cobra R rims. It has a built C4 transmission, 8.8 rear end with a 3.73 posi. Aluminum heads, Milodon oil pan, Holley Doubler Pumper 750, Ford 1.7 Roller Rockers, Billet Pulleys, Tubular K member, Tubular Front control arms, Fully adjustable shocks - front & rear, caster camber plates, lowering springs on the front end.

I would like this car to be comfortable enough to drive on the street (Occasional cruising with the family) yet capable enough to take to the track on the weekends.

That said, the issues (quirks) that concern me are as follows...

Not the most forgiving ride when it comes dirt roads or bumps on the road, thinking that the shock/struts are adjusted to the lowest setting and the springs are lowering springs (what do I gain/lose from adjusting the front end to a higher setting and taller spring). Also possibly thinking that the combination of the lowering springs and low profile Coopers are contributing to this more rugged ride. On the whole shot, acceleration its bogging out then picks up quickly (have rejetted the primaries from 70's to 65's...accelerator pump nozzle next?). When braking above 50mph, I am getting a lot of shake from somewhere in the front end - even braking from 45mph and under.

Any suggestions, as to these few issues I have explained, would be greatly appreciated...

M

John2002

Sounds like a big list to run down and might be to expensive to fix all the problems... I had bugs in mine when I bought it but it took me a few trip too many to the internet to find out what your finding out...no one can help with everything...find a speed shop and have them do an inspection on the car...My GT was/is a work in progress but mostly stock when I got it...no one is sure who did what to your car so anyones advice could take you further down a much worse outcome. It might cost a few $$$ but that might be money well spent or saved...either way you look at it...
Good Luck....

Blown347

Staff member
I agree, have an inspection done by a speed shop that you trust. That will help give you a roadmap to prioritize what needs to be fixed/changed