• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello

saskhunter

Hello everyone

I am from Regina SK Canada.

I own a 89 LX Convertible, 5.0L, 5spd. Our baby only has 86000kms or 53000 miles. The car has 2.73 gears.

The only upgrades are a BBK CAI, Cat back custom exhaust with factory chrome tips and Kenwood head unit with all JBL speakers. Everything else is bone stock for now.

Planning to swap gears to 3.55s, 5 bolt axel, rear disc brake conversion and subframe connectors.

I am 45 years old and this is my 1st fox body...it has never seen winter and I am the 3rd documented owner and the youngest as well.

Look forward to learning...

saskhunter

Last edited:

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Welcome aboard .
You'll enjoy the site and there many who are willing to help all they can.

Can you post some pictures of the your 89 Lx Convert I know everyone would love to see it.

John2002

Hey, a new thread to reply too....welcome to the site...Keep it stock......lol.....right now your ahead of the game.....stay off the internet too...to many shopping site just waiting to get you hooked!!!! I love my 4 lugs!!!!

saskhunter

d99f9dbfb2c5f692c777e09fbf3fd55b.jpg

saskhunter

John2002

seat damage.jpg front seat damage.jpg I love the big head rests too...my drivers seat had the big lean damage to it on the armrest side....I still have a bit of back lean on the cam that the back seat adjuster sits on...Got up to 40 degrees here today but chance of rain till Tuesday...Keep it stock...like I said ....its downhill for your wallet once you start....LOL good luck..... The bottom picture was the before , the top was after the 200 dollar repair....don't get quite the full range of locking points in the cam . My wife is 5'5" and can't get the seat back to support her when she drives....

Last edited:

saskhunter

89 was the first year in Canada with the GT interior in the LX car.

This car has the factory AC delete. It's winter here right now so she is parked in the garage.

saskhunter

Last edited:

John2002

I parked ours the week of Thanksgiving...it was about 45 degrees here but I just gotten back on my feet after getting hurt at work... I herniated L4 this time. Spent 3 days in the hospital the 18th to the 20th and 8 weeks off doing about 6 weeks of therapy... Got back to full duty today...its about 40 here now but a big rain/sleet/snow fur ball is headed our way....I planned a few things over the winter but it looks like I'm going to wait a few weeks to rotate the tires and change the oil...