• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello from jacksonville

jaycarney

Hello. New to this forum and new to mustangs. I have been working on and restoring old keeps for most of my life but this will be my first mustang.

Last week I bought a 1985 v6 convertible. The goal of this car is to become a daily driver for my son. I have a year to get it ready.

I know very little about the car other than a friend has had it in her garage for the last 20 years butting about 200 miles a year on it.

It started first try and ran ok. Little delay, but I'm sure some good gas and some injector cleaning will help.

After the semiconductor trip around the block, it dumped all the coolant. I'm sure this is go my to be a fun project for me

Anyway, just saying hello!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broncojunkie

Welcome to the forum. I'm a huge fan of the older 4-eye cars. Sounds like you found a good survivor, being stored in a garage.

jaycarney

Welcome to the forum. I'm a huge fan of the older 4-eye cars. Sounds like you found a good survivor, being stored in a garage.

This forum seems to have very few people actively posting. Do you find that to be so? Suggestions on other sources of information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broncojunkie

I use whatever I can find. But I can tell you this. There aren't many active members on here, but there are some top notch guys who know these cars. I've learned a ton of good info on here. I'm on other forums as well. Foureyedpride for the older cars (I have a 79, 82, and 86). The Facebook groups are a good source for parts. I couldn't begin to tell you how many hard-to- find parts I've sourced from there. I just had a package show up this afternoon! I'm not sure if my ups/fedex/USPS guy loves me or hates me lol

mustanggarage

Welcome to the group. yeah it is kind of quiet around here. but I have not found any of the fox forums I am on to be too active. the more interesting things you post, the more interest will be generated however. the facebook page has been very active, unfortunately there is a lot of bad information that gets passed around on facebook so you really have to research the advice given. as Bronco said it is a great place to find parts. and the best way to find them is to ask. just looking for parts for sale you may not find what you want, but if you say you need something there will be 10 guys trying to sell it to you. the same goes for selling also. you will get lots of offers. many of them will flake on you, but I have sold a lot of parts on facebook this past year. I am another, guy with lots of mustangs. I am far from an expert, but having done a lot of things myself I do have some experience. glad to have you here. welcome, post up pics of your ride. I have not seen many v-6 foxes.