• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Happy to be owning another Fox

84Margeri

Greetings all,
Let me say there are some beautiful machines on here.
I fell in love back in 1993 with a Dark blue 84 Notchbach I owned at a young 19 year old. It had Goodyear 225/60VR15 on aluminum directional 8x15 wheels, it was lowered around 1" and would stick to the road like glue. Many of my friends that drove the car said it felt like a go-cart. It handled so well around the sharpest of turns and the little 2.3l actually pulled hard going into the backroads of Kentucky and rolled down the highway along with anyone. Being young and dumb I lost the car back to the bank and I couldn't get it back at the time. It was the best 2 years in a car Ive ever had.
So after years of regret I ended up passing the car up on a hot summer day during rush hour going the opposite way. No way i could have found out which way he was turning by the time i could get out of stuck traffic going the other way.. So about The last 5 or 6 years I have been searching multiple times a day for this car. Looking and drooling over mustangs for years I bought a 1999 Mustang V6 for a great deal. It needed a transmission so I put one in it and got her going. As soon as I drove the 99, I knew I had to get my Notchback back ...
Well once again scouring adds looking for my old friend I came across my New-2-me 1985 LX 5.0 convertible CFI With the original TRX wheels and tires. Which is crazy to think but the car sat on blocks in a garage from 2002 until fall 2021 til its return to daylight. Now the man I bought it from took the time to go over the brakes, flush out and change all the old fluids, replace fuel pumps, plugs and injectors and left the car as it was. He only drove the car 689 miles to the cars milage when he sold it to me.
It has all original interior with 2 knob cassette deck, halo headrests in great condition. Paint is beautiful for 39 years old car. Rock chips a plenty but doesn't hurt the curb appeal. The mighty 302 CFI averaged 22.75mpg on the 424mile trip home. The 21 year old tires ran along at 68mph on cruise control. It blew my mind.
After 7 hrs back home (due to traffic) I decided I loved this amazing handling car as I once loved the other. The shocks need replacement, the window seals need replacing, the fuel system needs a freshening up and a new set of TRX wheels and tires will be the start. Paint-less body work and some paint touch up soon after. Thank you all for having me and I will soon be reading, admiring and picking some brains on these FoxBody masterpieces.
Happy Crusin, Steve

Attachments

• 20231027_183909.jpg
    20231027_183909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

347HO

Glad to have you here.

Feel free to post up your comments/questions when you find yourself with some free time.