• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Greetings from central Kansas

kshorns

Hi, all! My name is Chris, and I'm the proud first-time owner of a Mustang. I've been a Ford guy most all of my life, but this is my first 'Stang. Just picked up this 1988 LX 5.0 Hatchback a few weeks ago. Kinda a "fixer-upper", but in good driveable shape the way it is. I think maybe this is the extent of my mid-life crisis. Or at least I hope it is!
Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of fun - both with the car and perusing the threads on these pages. To the admins, thanks for adding me! mustang4.jpg

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Welcome aboard Chris.
I like everything about your 1988 LX ... well almost everything, just not a big fan of those tail lights but hey that's just me I know.

Any plans for your car?

John2002

Thats were I started, good driver had just a few problems I had to take care of.....5 years later...wow...it never ends!!!! They do have a special following and somehow I just can't stop doing things to it just to make it BETTER!!!! From start to finish...who am I kidding...we never finish but there is as you will find out real soon there is way to much you can do to your car...

Welcome to the site, its not an everyday need to know site but once you get a good thread going the amount info will overwhelm you...

I started with the brakes the first winter I got ours in 2009, I just went through the interior this winter....just because...LOL

Good luck with your car.....

kshorns

Welcome aboard Chris.
I like everything about your 1988 LX ... well almost everything, just not a big fan of those tail lights but hey that's just me I know.

Any plans for your car?
Thanks! Honestly, I didn't really dig the tail lights at first either, but they've kinda grown on me. They look real cool at night!
As far as plans go, I guess my plans differ from those of my "financial manager" (read - wife) so we'll see. I do plan on putting some stripes on it. I think I'll paint on some black cobra type stripes soon. I also would like to get a set of Bullitt-style wheels at some point in the near future. For now, my plans are to drive it as much as I can and have some fun!

kshorns

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Blown347 - that's another beautiful automobile. I'm tickled to death to find this online community. My wife, being stuck in the Sixties, isn't nearly as fond of my new car as I am. To her, if it ain't a 64 1/2 to a 1969 or so style, it "ain't a Mustang". When we first went to look at this, she said it didn't even look like a Mustang. I told her "Honey, it looks EXACTLY like a Mustang because it IS a Mustang". Our first little cruise in it, we were cruising down the street and a 20-something kid in an open-top Jeep went by us - gave me a big thumbs-up and hollered "NIIIIIICE". My wife said I had a mile-wide grin on my face. I told her "See, SOME people dig these fox bodies!" Now I'm finding out that even more people dig 'em than I had even imagined!

Blown347

Staff member
Thanks, Blown347 - that's another beautiful automobile. I'm tickled to death to find this online community. My wife, being stuck in the Sixties, isn't nearly as fond of my new car as I am. To her, if it ain't a 64 1/2 to a 1969 or so style, it "ain't a Mustang". When we first went to look at this, she said it didn't even look like a Mustang. I told her "Honey, it looks EXACTLY like a Mustang because it IS a Mustang". Our first little cruise in it, we were cruising down the street and a 20-something kid in an open-top Jeep went by us - gave me a big thumbs-up and hollered "NIIIIIICE". My wife said I had a mile-wide grin on my face. I told her "See, SOME people dig these fox bodies!" Now I'm finding out that even more people dig 'em than I had even imagined!
It sure is nice to see the foxbody enthusiast base growing. I swear over the last 3 or 4 years in particular I've seen more and more every year on the roads.

kshorns

It sure is nice to see the foxbody enthusiast base growing. I swear over the last 3 or 4 years in particular I've seen more and more every year on the roads.

I've been told by several folks (FBM owners) in my area that I was pretty lucky to find one in almost unmolested shape. I guess a lot of these around here have been turned into drag cars.
To make a long story short, a major part of the reason I wanted this model of car is because back in the eighties to very early nineties I was a mechanic at a Ford dealership. These things would come in, brand spanking new, and there was NO WAY that I could afford one. Well, I finally got one - just had to wait over 25 years, and it ain't brand spankin' new, but good things come to those who wait, right?

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
That is one FINE looking car!
Thanks for the complement!

And as far as the tail lights I understand exactly what you're saying, just so happens I'm the original owner of my 89 GT and after about 12 years of looking at those cheese grater tails that come stock on a GT I decided I needed to change things so I went from the stock cheese grater to the cobra tail lights and once again didn't like them after a few months, so then went to the LX tail lights which I think looks the best on my GT, but that all has to do with the color of the car I think .

Enjoy your new ride as long as you can, in my case it's been almost 26 years of enjoying my car as a new ride.