• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Emissions

Joe klein

I live in indiana and have a 93 lx. Car was always plated in the south and never went through emissions. I now live in nwi and need emissions done. I don't think it will pass emissions and im not taking a saw and putting cats on my exhaust system. Just wondering if others have this problem and how to get around it.

broncojunkie

If it's just cats you're missing, then maybe you can find a good used factory h-pipe? I have a factory one I use. Here in WV, we don't have emissions, but we do have a visual. If cats are missing, no pass. I have been swapping it over and then switching back to offroad pipe. Just needs done once a year and I usually have other stuff I'm working on anyway...new clutch, transmission, rust prevention, etc. This year, I got lucky and found a shop that wasn't as strict about exhaust.