• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Does anyone make reproduction interior plastic?

broncojunkie

I need to replace the missing interior plastic in the rear of my 88 hatch. Pretty much everything from the seats back. Does anyone make reproduction plastic? I looked at a junkyard today and what few pieces I found were deteriorated beyond salvaging.

Blown347

Staff member
Unfortunately no. All that is made for anything behind the door panels is speaker grills, coat hangers, etc. the big plastics have to be sourced from another car

lyonmt

Do you still need these? If so, let me know what you are willing to spend, I can probably get them for you around here. Shipping may hurt though. But hey, it's only a 14 hour drive each way...

broncojunkie

No. I ended up buying some online from an individual.... and yes, shipping ate me alive! But like my luck always goes, I found some good ones locally a week later, for a fraction of the cost. I went ahead and picked those up, too.

I am still in need of a couple interior pieces, though. I need the metal trim pieces that cover the edges of the headliner, just above the doors. I also need the metal contraption that works with the seat backs and allows them to fold up and down. I have no idea what that part is called. It may even be multiple parts?

If you run across them, I sure would appreciate if you could give me a yell!