• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Computer stuck injector

Slow50

Hello I have a 1989 GT. A few months ago I had a stuck #8 injector. It wound up being the computer needed to be sent out and fixed. It worked great for a few months now the #8 injector is stuck agin and I have to send the computer back out. Why could be causing this to keep happening. Thank you

broncojunkie

Are you sure this time it's not actually a bad injector? Maybe you could switch it with another and see if the problem moves to that cylinder (or just replace it).

broncojunkie

When you say "stuck" do you mean open, as in "leaking" or is it not spraying? Flooding the cylinder or a misfire due to no fuel in that cylinder? I'm not sure the ecm can cause a particular injector not to fire. It's my understanding that the cylinder is triggered by the distributor and module. The ecm just tells how much fuel to allow the injectors to provide, based on temp and air flow (or vacuum, in the case of earlier speed density systems). It can turn on/off the ground that allows the injectors to fire, but if the other injectors are firing ok, then the pulse signal is making it through the ecm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm getting really rusty on efi since I only own carbed Fords now lol!

You should be able to hear and/or feel the "click" from each injector when it's running. Keep in mind, a wet plug could be caused by no fire, as well. I'm sure you've tested plugs and wires already, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Slow50

Thank you , yes the injector was stuck open. But today I swapped my computer with an old one I had and everything is working now. No more misfiring.