• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bonus

broncojunkie

Well, I finally got a chance to go look at the 88 GT I heard about. The guy was asking $800. It was a solid car and will run with a couple small fixes. It needs paint, tires, some interior plastic, back seat, and the ignition rod and/or switch is broken. He also has an 82 gt that needs a little work. I ended up buying both for $500.

88 has some mods and t5. 82 is a c4. Will post pics soon.

broncojunkie

Well they definitely need a lot of work, but they are mostly complete and surprisingly rust free!

The 82 will be on the backburner while I get the 88 running. I just found a matching back seat for the 88 and I'm planning on hitting the local junkyard for the interior plastic I need. The suspension was redone just before it was parked, with all new polybushings. It has a centerforce clutch with very few miles on it, but the world class tranny will need repaired. It sscrapes when shifting from 2-3. Mostly, it just needs tlc. Paint, weatherstripping, new windshield, tires, and some little things. The guy even put a brand new battery in it Saturday.

Blown347

Staff member
Those are the best kind. You should've seen my white LX when I bought it. It ran and drove, but it had destroyed red interior, the engine was nasty and spattered with paint overspray from the backyard paint job, the wheel finish was all but gone. Now it's quite the little street beast all with used budget parts.

lyonmt

My first real hot rod experience was in a four eyed fox. My neighbor had one that was nicely modded back in the late eighties. He took me for a ride in it and I've liked the interiors ever since.

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Well they definitely need a lot of work, but they are mostly complete and surprisingly rust free!

The 82 will be on the backburner while I get the 88 running. I just found a matching back seat for the 88 and I'm planning on hitting the local junkyard for the interior plastic I need. The suspension was redone just before it was parked, with all new polybushings. It has a centerforce clutch with very few miles on it, but the world class tranny will need repaired. It sscrapes when shifting from 2-3. Mostly, it just needs tlc. Paint, weatherstripping, new windshield, tires, and some little things. The guy even put a brand new battery in it Saturday.
http://www.wickedstangs.com/threads/complete-fox-interior-87-93-notch.21918/