• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Battery cables??

Remach

I'm looking for new battery cables for my 86 5.0....everyone has up to 85 and then 87 and up. What is different about the 86 and does anyone know where I can get new ones?

Sawmill

Old and tired
Rockauto is an excellent source, but sometimes they can be overly optimistic about what fits your application. It's great to know some part numbers and study the info they provide and the photos too.
Oftentimes stuff is pretty inexpensive at RA, too cheap to make returns worthwhile.
I've never yet found the exact cable for an 82 at a reasonable price.

Remach

Yeah, they say they have it. I called Ford directly and got the part numbers, but they are discontinued of course. I just ordered some according to the correct lengths and I'll just keep my fingers crossed!! Thanks guys

Remach

Seems like they would be simple to reproduce....I can't believe LMR or CJ Pony wouldn't have something like that.