• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A4ld cooler line questions

tizzyzz

I want convert to rubber Trans line does anyone know where I can buy the fittings for the trans connections I believe it's a M12 x 1.25 1/2". My metal lines cracked from rusting. Thought of using stock metal fitting cut and the rubber hose clamped around the metal. Not sure if that would work. Any help would be great as I really want to get my 93 2.3 lx on the road again.

Thanks
Tony

broncojunkie

How about I sell you a good t5 to put in the ol gal? $200 and she's yours.

Seriously, though. I'm not sure what the lines look like. Are they steel lines all the way from the tranny to the cooler? I'm not sure I would go with rubber. I believe they are steel for a reason. But anyway, here's a couple options for you. You can take one of the lines in to the parts store and see if they have the materials for you to bend your own. If they are flared ends, you may have to buy/borrow/rent a flaring kit. You can also take the line in to a specialty shop that makes hoses. They should be able to fix you right up. Or...maybe check and see if the lines are available as reproduction parts? Rock Auto, ebay, LMR, etc. might carry it. Another idea is to make you some flexible hoses (possibly braided hoses) using AN fittings. Most people use them to make braided steel hoses, but we use them at work with reinforced rubber-type hoses that are rated for diesel fuel, lube oil, or whatever. If you go with something like that, just make sure the material is compatible with tranny fluid and make sure the pressure doesn't exceed it's rating.

tizzyzz

How about I sell you a good t5 to put in the ol gal? $200 and she's yours.

Seriously, though. I'm not sure what the lines look like. Are they steel lines all the way from the tranny to the cooler? I'm not sure I would go with rubber. I believe they are steel for a reason. But anyway, here's a couple options for you. You can take one of the lines in to the parts store and see if they have the materials for you to bend your own. If they are flared ends, you may have to buy/borrow/rent a flaring kit. You can also take the line in to a specialty shop that makes hoses. They should be able to fix you right up. Or...maybe check and see if the lines are available as reproduction parts? Rock Auto, ebay, LMR, etc. might carry it. Another idea is to make you some flexible hoses (possibly braided hoses) using AN fittings. Most people use them to make braided steel hoses, but we use them at work with reinforced rubber-type hoses that are rated for diesel fuel, lube oil, or whatever. If you go with something like that, just make sure the material is compatible with tranny fluid and make sure the pressure doesn't exceed it's rating.
Thanks for the information, I'd love to buy the t5 for it but I just rebuilt the a4ld, I know wasn't the smartest thing I've done if I would have asked before the rebuild I'd pass on the rebuild and buy the T5.
They are the original steel line that go under the car to the radiator. I was going to use the transmission rated rubber hose, but maybe should look at the steel again

Thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

killerfoxbody76

You should be able to get the fitting you are looking for at Lowes or home depot. It's not a special fitting so they should have the fitting. Just a suggestion use those fuel line clamps for fuel injection. They are a little more money but well worth the extra money. They hold high pressure.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk