1. Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dismiss Notice

84 mustang Hatchback windshield interchange

Discussion in 'Exterior / Body Tech' started by kryo, Feb 1, 2015.

1. kryo

kryo New Member

Need a windshield for 84 GT hatchback. What years and models will interchange with the hatchback? Notchback, Convertibles?
    Thanks

2. broncojunkie

broncojunkie Active Member

Just curious, but are you planning on replacing it yourself? If so, I would consider calling around to the local auto glass shops and see if they will sell you one cash and carry. They aren't too expensive. I have a buddy who owns a glass shop. He ordered me one for my 88 and wouldn't even take money for it lol! I believe wholesale cost was $75 or $100. A shop should be able to get you one for under $150. They might make another $50-100 if they install it, so selling one "cash and carry" probably gives them the same profit without having to do the work.

3. ALMOST STOCK

ALMOST STOCK Active Member

I don't believe the vert windshields will fit. The hatchback and coupe windshields are interchangeable from 79-93.
    The only difference is the black trim on the glass is different for certain years.