• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'81 Ghia Hatchback: correct colors

dev

Hi Friends,
I am restoring a '81 Ghia Hatchback in India. The original color of the car was a medium grey blue kind of color which might have been medium pewter.
I seek help in choosing the correct color and want to ask if Ghia cars had different color like Cobra or they could be bought in all '81 colors?
Please advice.
Dev

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
I think this might help..
17 Medium Pewter Metallic
1C Black
1T Light Pewter Metallic
24 Medium Red
27 Bright Red
2G Bright Bittersweet
3H Medium Blue Metallic Glow
3L Midnight Blue Metallic
5Q Medium Dark Brown
6N Bright Yellow
86 Pastel Chamois
8D Medium Bittersweet Metallic Glow
8N Dark Cordovan Metallic
9D Polar White

color.PNG

dev

I think this might help..
17 Medium Pewter Metallic
1C Black
1T Light Pewter Metallic
24 Medium Red
27 Bright Red
2G Bright Bittersweet
3H Medium Blue Metallic Glow
3L Midnight Blue Metallic
5Q Medium Dark Brown
6N Bright Yellow
86 Pastel Chamois
8D Medium Bittersweet Metallic Glow
8N Dark Cordovan Metallic
9D Polar White

View attachment 1292
Thanks for the paint codes and chips.
Were all these colors available with Ghia cars?
I understand the Ghia production was in small numbers, could one order them in any of these colors or there were specific colors for Ghia option cars?
Dev

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Were you able to view the
Performance Statistics, Production Numbers Retail Prices,
Available Exterior Colors Interior Trim Colors
and the 1981 Mustang VIN Decoder on that page also ?

dev

Were you able to view the
Performance Statistics, Production Numbers Retail Prices,
Available Exterior Colors Interior Trim Colors
and the 1981 Mustang VIN Decoder on that page also ?
Yes, I did see all the details and made me sure that Ghia production may not be available in all colors due to small production run .
This one is the only Ghia hatch in the country and I want to retain the originality up to the hilt.
As cobra option is seen in bright bittersweet , I believe Ghia may have had a few selected color combinations. The ad displays two combo.
Were more color combinations available for Ghia or these are the only two that one could buy from?
Regards,
dev

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Hi Friends,
I am restoring a '81 Ghia Hatchback in India. The original color of the car was a medium grey blue kind of color which might have been medium pewter.
I seek help in choosing the correct color and want to ask if Ghia cars had different color like Cobra or they could be bought in all '81 colors?
Please advice.
Dev
Go here to get a copy of the original invoice ........... http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

dev

Thanks for this valuable link but my query is remains unanswered, ghia optioned cars could only be bought in specific colors or in any and every mustang color?

The interior color on the cabin shell is a light green - gray. Will someone know the correct name for it?
Please advice.

dev

Another request, friends, can someone identify the interior cabin color? It's urgent.
Please help.