• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SOLD 1988 Mustang LX notchback 5-speed 5.0 (Arizona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnstr50

Ok-

here is my second notch, one of the two cars has to sell to make "room" for me to modify the other! lol... (the sickness)

1988 v8 5-speed non-California car. Clean title, inaccurate miles (exceeds mechanical limit of the odometer) Power windows, power door locks, cruise control (no longer equipped), AC (no longer equipped), power steering (no longer equipped). Title steering column.

Modifications:

MAF conversion harness and A9L computer swap
SCT chip and professional dyno tune at AZ Dyno Chip (226rwhp, 294rwtq)
AEM cold air (short ram)
C&L 73mm MAF housing
BBK 70mm TB
MAC shorty headers
MAC off-road h-pipe
MAC chambered mufflers
Custom mandrel bend over-axle tubes with 3" slant tips
EGR delete (deleted in tune)
UPR EGR delete plate
Air pump delete (deleted in tune)
Power steering delete (Flaming River manual rack, with bump steer corrector and Maximum Motorsports steering shaft)
AC delete (HVAC box still in dash)
Charcoal canister is still present (to avoid excessive fuel odor)
UPR (eibach) V8 lowering springs
custom 4-point roll bar (welded in) with harness bar
Upper and lower control arms (rear) poly bushings
5-lug conversion using sn95 front hubs, and fox-body rear axles.
3.73:1 rear-end hears (28-spline) recently rebuilt
Freshly rebuilt T-5
Tri-ax steeda Shifter
King Cobra Clutch
Clutch quadrant and firewall adjust (bbk)
Gabriel Shocks/struts used
Braided Brake lines
Functional e-brake
Drilled/slotted rotors
Camber Caster plates
SN95 seats, with Halo
Rear seat delete
XXR 18x10" with 25mm offset on all four corners, less than 3,000 miles on the fresh tires
Front wheels have been professionally narrowed to 7.5" (by weldcraft) and running 215's
Rear wheels have 265's
SVE aluminum radiator with dual electric fans (proper fan shroud also from SVE)
solid motor mounts (slightly more noise/vibration inside cabin)
Poly transmission mount
clockwise rotation water pump
low-mount alternator, short belt.
New headlights
New tail lights
VIS Racing Carbon Fiber hood ($1000 retail price)
Stereo delete
Interior was originally blue, but new carpets, door panels, and interior paint was used to convert to black.

Recently serviced:

Platinum plugs (motorcraft), Plug wires (AC Delco), Cap/rotor (motorcraft), TFI (local parts brand), ignition coil (motorcraft), fuel filter (motorcraft), thermostat (stant factory temp), timing set (when dyno tuned), TPS set (when dyno tuned).

Issues:

power windows are a bit slow, power door locks are also a bit slow, oil pan gasket leak (I have a replacement Felpro oil pan gasket). Car was repainted the original color, very presentable, but it does have orange peel, not sure if it was single-stage or multi-stage.

Chris $6,250 OBO

Last edited:

Mnstr50

Man you're going to make me rob a bank!! Beautiful car, good luck with the sale.

Thank you, I appreciate it. This is a great opportunity for the next owner to make it their own. All the hardware is there, even the SCT chip to later have it tuned to your desire.

Blown347

Staff member
Thank you, I appreciate it. This is a great opportunity for the next owner to make it their own. All the hardware is there, even the SCT chip to later have it tuned to your desire.
It's just begging for a 408 ;)

Mnstr50

some parties have asked me how firm I am on price, and I wanted to let everyone know I "do" have a little room to negotiate. But I have spent about $1,500 in recent services for the car, so please keep that in mind (dyno tune with chip and diagnostics, resulting in a few sensors being replaced, set me back $700 alone).

Status
Not open for further replies.