• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1982 GT

Sawmill

Old and tired
Take a good look at the left rear drivers seat bolt reinforcement (on the 82). The three that I have seen were cracked because the factory missed a weld or two. I brazed the ones I repaired, but mig would be better.
Once you get very much away from stock I won't be much help.

broncojunkie

I got rid of this car. Just too many projects and not enough space. I'm happy to report that I got it back. I had given it to a good friend and he started doing some work to it. He repaired some minor strut tower/frame rust, replaced the gas tank with welded-in fittings, cleaned and painted the rear chassis area (while tank was out), brakes, and a few other things I'm forgetting.

I ended up trading him my 88gt for it. We got a few minor issues straightened out on that car and he's been driving it for the past week and having a blast.

This 82gt is now officially my new drag car project. I ordered a few chassis parts for it this morning. A tubular k-member and rear torque box reinforcement kit. I need to order some subframe connectors but I think that's about it.

broncojunkie

Still have a couple more weeks before I'm back on dry land. I ordered a few more parts, such as offroad x-pipe for shorty headers (I already have a set of FMS shorties), subframe connectors, and some other junk I'm forgetting. Should be a pile of stuff by the time I get home.

I'm also looking forward to driving the pace car around, since I just about have the issues fixed.

broncojunkie

Home in 4 days. Parts still piling up. 3-row aluminum radiator, mufflers and flow tubes, a few other things. My buddy is going to help and I may even recruit another pal or two. Looking forward to getting this thing together.