• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Parts in Canada?

Rich0123

Hey guys, so I’m restoring an 85 gt hatchback and I’m finding loads of parts in the states from lmr, cjpony etc. Can anyone suggest a good spot to find parts in Canada. These duty and customs costs are killing me.

Rich0123

Check out themustangshop.ca They are based in Calgary, and excellent to deal with. Very fast shipping too.
Maybe you could answer another question I have. The 85 I bought has had the front end swapped out. I’m a fan of the four eyes but the car was a great price. I want to put a cal hood on the car so my question is, would I still be buying a hood for an 85 or would they have changed it to a 90’s or is there even a size difference between the two?

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Maybe you could answer another question I have. The 85 I bought has had the front end swapped out. I’m a fan of the four eyes but the car was a great price. I want to put a cal hood on the car so my question is, would I still be buying a hood for an 85 or would they have changed it to a 90’s or is there even a size difference between the two?

You would purchase the hood for whichever front bumper is on the car. They are shaped differently at the front edges.
So if it has an '87-'93 "aero" front bumper cover, then you would need the corresponding hood.
The same is true as if it was an '79-'82 or '83-'86 front bumper cover.