• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

favorite cam for gt40 head's

broncojunkie

I never have, but I hear it works very well with GT40 heads. The only better option would probably be a custom grind (although there very well could be an off-the-shelf cam that fits your setup perfectly). There is definitely a science involved in choosing the right cam, but there's also a certain number of variables most of the time. For instance, my 88gt has a b303 cam with 1.7 rockers. Most people say that the letter cams are old and there are much better options, but if I called a custom cam manufacturer and ask them to design a cam to match my specs, they'd be lost when I told them my heads are 1969 small chamber heads with port work. So there's always some guess work as well.

slow5.087

I never have, but I hear it works very well with GT40 heads. The only better option would probably be a custom grind (although there very well could be an off-the-shelf cam that fits your setup perfectly). There is definitely a science involved in choosing the right cam, but there's also a certain number of variables most of the time. For instance, my 88gt has a b303 cam with 1.7 rockers. Most people say that the letter cams are old and there are much better options, but if I called a custom cam manufacturer and ask them to design a cam to match my specs, they'd be lost when I told them my heads are 1969 small chamber heads with port work. So there's always some guess work as well.
yea im just putting a simple combo together, dual plan intake,600cfm carb,stock gt40's with upgraded springs and rockers and some long tubes,so can't really justify a custom grind for 250 hp motor lol. i know just enough to be dangerous lol

Last edited: