• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lifelong Mustang guy here

Sawmill

Old and tired
Hello,
Good to meet you all. I was three when the 65 Mustang came out. My first car was an 81 with the sick cylinder and automatic. Then along came the Sept. 81 issue of Motor Trend featuring the 82 GT. Managed to buy mine in march of 82, and I've had it ever since.
Hope to learn much from you all, and maybe even pass along what little I've learned over the years.
Best regards
Mike W

broncojunkie

Hello,
Good to meet you all. I was three when the 65 Mustang came out. My first car was an 81 with the sick cylinder and automatic. Then along came the Sept. 81 issue of Motor Trend featuring the 82 GT. Managed to buy mine in march of 82, and I've had it ever since.
Hope to learn much from you all, and maybe even pass along what little I've learned over the years.
Best regards
Mike W
Welcome to the group! Have you posted any pics of your 82 yet? I'd love to see it and may even hit you up for some info. I have an 82gt, although I haven't really started on the restoration yet. I've been working on a couple others.

Sawmill

Old and tired
image.jpg image.jpg Top photo with its new LMR wheels. Distance does her justice.
Lower pic of paint wear on the edge of the spoiler and the bumper cover.
Yep it's me

Redtwilight

Shinigami
IT looks good despite it's age! I LIKE it.
Where at in Va are you located?
Are you planning to attend Foxtoberfest this Oct. 13?

Sawmill

Old and tired
I'm about halfway between Manassas and Brandy Station, just outside of "northern Virginia" where all the Marylanders live (joke).
I don't get away much. If the farm doesn't own me, the bills certainly do.
We've all heard em say "I wish I'd kept THAT car", I listened and I'm glad.
Where will Foxtoberfest be held?

Redtwilight

Shinigami
I'm about halfway between Manassas and Brandy Station, just outside of "northern Virginia" where all the Marylanders live (joke).
I don't get away much. If the farm doesn't own me, the bills certainly do.
We've all heard em say "I wish I'd kept THAT car", I listened and I'm glad.
Where will Foxtoberfest be held?

I've heard the same thing! So I've kept all mine as well. Even the totaled one. LOL

Foxtoberfest will be held in Concord, NC just outside Charlotte. May be a bit of a drive for ya though. This year they are aiming for over 500 Foxes. Last year they had over 450.