• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help with 89 mustang build

Black lx

Hi there I'm looking for some help and will try to give you all the info I have i have a tired 302 basically stock I have headers and 1.6 trick flow roller rockersand b303 cam... I'm drag racing the car now and am going to do a rebuild in the winter...i have a new victor efi upper and lower as well...im looking to go 11s what would you do to run 11s it would be a track car with very very little street time..im also looking from room to improve the build so possible keeping a compression that could have add a blower... would you put a stroker change block to 351 and sell all these parts....thanks car is a full interior car for now with 3.73 gears and completely rebuilt rear end good to about 10 . 90 with a t5 also has radials...drag shocks and skinnys

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

broncojunkie

I would consider a 351w if you want to find a good running one for a decent price. The block is stronger than the 302 and stock displacement is comparable to a 347. Stroker kits are pricey so the money you save can go toward swap headers, pan, and whatever else you need. When it's ready for a rebuild, stroke it to 393 or 408 and have a beast. Early 90's f150 had roller blocks, I believe. If you want to stay efi, look at some of the aftermarket kits. FITECH I think are fairly reasonable and easy to set up. Uses a carb intake.
Just an idea. More than one way to skin a lizard.

I'm just getting parts together to start on my track car. It's getting a stroked Cleveland. All motor. Should be pretty nasty.