• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need help with an engine build!

Hi guys, I'm new to the Foxbodys. I just acquired a fresh short block in a trade. Was told it was a 306 but after researching the piston numbers, looks like it's a standard bore 302. I attached a pic if anyone can confirm or deny this. But either way, I would like to build a street engine with the occasional track use capable of 400-450 hp for starters. I'm just wondering if I should use this short block (i have paperwork for the crankshaft being checked & repairing broken bolts) or if I should sell it and find another. Keep in mind I'm on a family budget lol & I've never put an engine together, I do most of my work on my vehicles but if putting the motor together is too much I'm gonna have to have a shop do it. Thanks for the help!
dbd9bbb99c233c44524b55238478b2e2.jpg
85d7f1f6f21f48e48fac875b4c10699c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk