• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Picked up a few goodies last week...

broncojunkie

Although this is Ford related, it's not really fox related. However, they could be applied.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing some upgrades to my old '70 coupe, if I ever get around to restoring it. So far, I've just been collecting parts and I did a few repairs/upgrades to the engine wiring, including new engine harness, alternator, voltage regulator, and replaced the old points ignition with a Pertronix setup. It's just a basic coupe, with the usual rust issues...not terrible, but needs floor pans up front and in the trunk. It's a 302/C4 car without the Grande trim. I've always wanted an old Mustang with 351 Cleveland and 4 speed toploader. I finally found both and got them home.

The Cleveland, I was lucky enough to find locally. It's complete, but really needs a rebuild. A little cylinder wear, but otherwise looks great. Crank, bearing surfaces, etc. It's never been bored out, but will need a little clean up to make it a nice runner. It's a '71 2V. I plan to have the old iron heads reworked and put a hot cam in it with flat tappet mechanical lifters and big holley 4-barrel with aftermarket intake.

20170308_180128.jpg

My other score was a 4 speed toploader. Although the price was good, I had to travel to Youngstown, OH to get it...which was about a 4 and 1/2 hr drive for me. It's tagged as a wide ratio from a '68 Mustang with 390.
20170311_132000.jpg

The guy I bought the cleveland from had a couple other items I made off with. A 157 tooth billet steel flywheel (removable weights, but appears to have 28oz attached) and an Edelbrock performer carb intake for a 351W (which will probably get used on the 82GT).

So it looks like I have something else to keep me busy for a while, not that I needed it!