• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello from Tennessee

Ricky6039

Looking for a new Mustang forum looks like a nice place here. Right now i own a 91 foxbody and im in the middle of a efi to carb swap will post pics soon. Thanks for letting me join.

broncojunkie

Welcome! I really debated on doing the carb swap on my 88. By the time I did the maf swap and upgraded the intake, injectors, throttle body, etc...I could have paid for some nice performance upgrades. In the end, I chose to stick with efi, but only because I have 3 other carbed mustangs.

Are you using the efi fuel pump and regulating the pressure for carb or what?

Ricky6039

Thanks broncojunkie. I did away with all the fuel system from the efi i got rid of the old tank and put a fuel cell in and mounted a electric pump on the brace the back bumper mounts to. I attached a pic of the mock up its all striped down now so i can clean and paint engine bay.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 6

John2002

I guess we all end up going EFI less soon enough....still like having the computer take a bit of the guess work out of it, my buddy had to borrow someones code scanner ( he still had one) to run some bugs down on my car...Man was that thing complicated!!!!

Good luck and welcome to the site , Carb'd engines always sound better then computer controlled ones....

John2002

Thanks broncojunkie. I did away with all the fuel system from the efi i got rid of the old tank and put a fuel cell in and mounted a electric pump on the brace the back bumper mounts to. I attached a pic of the mock up its all striped down now so i can clean and paint engine bay.
OUCH...now thats cutting the cord!!!!!!