• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New from SLC, Utah

dev199505

Dont own a mustang yet but looking for a fox body im getting a truck with a 351w thats begging to be put into a mustang

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

broncojunkie

Welcome to the site! What year is the truck? Any idea if it is a roller motor? I have an older 351 block and crank I plan on building some day, but it's flat tappet so I plan on going with link bar lifters. It has already been machined, though.

Any idea what model of fox body you'd like to have?

dev199505

Welcome to the site! What year is the truck? Any idea if it is a roller motor? I have an older 351 block and crank I plan on building some day, but it's flat tappet so I plan on going with link bar lifters. It has already been machined, though.

Any idea what model of fox body you'd like to have?
Not sure if its a roller or not , Its an 89 efi F150, looking for @ 79-86, i like the 4 eyed look

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

broncojunkie

I think your motor, although not equipped with a roller cam and lifters, is actually set up as a roller. You might do some research to make sure (there are a couple good F150 forums). The cam in that truck motor isn't good for a light car...it's more for towing and such, unless someone changed it. Same with the intake. They flow great but the power curve is good for a truck...low rpm range. Are you planning on keeping efi or going carb? Either way, the 351w motors are perfect for fox body cars imho. I can't wait till I get mine together!