• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Did I just destroy my a4ld transmission?

tizzyzz

Hello,

I had my transmission out to change the pump seal, I changed it and reinstalled the trans I to my 93lx 2.3. Put fluid in the trans. When I try to start it I get a loud clunk cluck noise after I let go of the key, also has starting issue but I'll get to that. So trans in park, when car doesn't start I get that clunk noise, any ideas? I put the trans back correctly torqued the bolts for bell housing, starter and drive shaft.

Really don't want to have to pull trans again as it has fresh fluid and I have no lift all done in driveway on ramps.

Thanks for any help

Blown347

Staff member
Sounds like the throttle linkage may not be adjusted correctly. Have you verified that it goes completely into each gear?

IG: leesweitzerracing
FB: familyaffairmustangs

tizzyzz

I checked the linkage it appears to be correct. Haven't pulled it again yet but now it makes a squealing noise once I get the car started. Guess I need to pull it and make sure I didn't mess anything up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk