• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Micro lubes???

John2002

Has anyone tried them, ZMaz or Powercurve XP12...Just wondering about their claims verses their costs...I've been hearing a bit of dry engine start on my 03 Grand Marquis, I drive it everyday but in seems to oil up with in a second or two after starting. It only has 44 K on it and I use Amzoil 5 W 20 XL.
Thanks....

John2002

I talked myself into buying the ZMax's twin pack and added it last night, Friday when I get home from work my car stays in the garage till Monday. It should be easy to hear if it helps that dry start up sound that I've been hearing. I just think 5 W 20 is so thin to begin with, I'm going to try 5 W 30 on my next oil change. The car is 13 years old but only 44,000 miles on it now. I have had it for a year and its been great since day one. I went through the brakes and tire and all the usual under the hood things (battery, belt, alternator, plugs and even coil packs) just for sh _t to do...I added dual exhaust and just finished ordering rear sway bar and needed parts for it. I love the ride of a big car....

Last edited:

John2002

Well it worked, added the ZMax last Thursday when I got home from work, parked the car in the garage Friday after work till Monday morning....with all the windows down, driver door open...I started the car....no tapping and banging of any kind like I had been hearing. I'll do that the rest of the week just to make sure it wasn't the weather or the miles I drove all week...Can't add anything about gas mileage yet after adding the gasoline treatment because of the high temps here I have been using the A/C on and off....So far...THUMBS UP on ZMax!!!

John2002

Day 6 , another weekend of sitting for the Grand Marquis in the garage...should be wet and rainy here so I won't be taking the Mustang out either....