• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'79 Pace CarCar

broncojunkie

Well, I added another one to the herd. I found this pace car for sale while cruising the FB parts pages. It needs some work, but mostly rust free and all original. I'm working right now and won't be home for a few more days. I had it shipped in from Louisiana (13 hr drive here to West Virginia). I've never actually laid eyes on it. It's a 4 cyl but the turbo has been removed at some point. I'm going to rebuild my 302 from my 82gt and swap it, I believe.

received_10201471239979406.jpeg received_10201471241659448.jpeg received_10201471212938730.jpeg

broncojunkie

Having issues uploading pics from my phone. It looks like pics are too big. Not sure how to adjust it. It wouldn't let me copy and paste links directly from photobucket, for some reason.

broncojunkie

there's an app to reduce pics.. How big was it?

I normally link from photobucket, which automatically reduces the size. But for some reason, the links would not paste properly. So I just uploaded the pics directly to the site. On my phone, the pics above look like they're cut off, and only part of the pics can be seen. I was able to view it from my laptop the other day and they look fine. So maybe it's just my phone.

broncojunkie

An update on this car...I've been working on the river and haven't been home to do anything. They needed me back early, and I only had a few days off. But I did get a chance to pull the motor and tranny (4 spd).

I have found an 8.8 rear to put in it. I'm still not sure about what I'm doing for a motor. I may end up taking my 351w I was saving for the 82gt and building it for the pacer, but I've got time to think about that. For now, I'm concentrating on getting the body looking decent.

I ordered some equipment to paint it myself. Been researching this stuff for a while and decided to go with the 3-stage turbine system from TP Tools. I don't have much experience in this, so it will be a learning thing as I go along. TP Tools is a few hrs away from me in Ohio. I didn't realize this until I ordered it and it showed up at my door in less than 48 hrs. They seem like a good company, so I'm looking forward to seeing the stuff (still out on the boat for a few more days).

I have a cowl hood I picked up for my 88 a while back that needs painted. I figure I'll start there for practice. If that turns out ok, I'll move on to the engine bay on the pace car...then the rest of the car.