• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Official Fox Body Mustangs Sighting

broncojunkie

I went to lunch with a couple coworkers today and we were sandwiched in a single cab f150, so I couldn't take a pic. But a local used car dealer had 2 bright red aero model fox bodies on the front row. One was a hatchback and the other was a vert. To be honest, that vert really stood out. It was sharp. Both of them looked to be in excellent condition and pretty much stock (factory hoods and at least the vert had turbines...don't recall on the hatchback.)

I won't even bother stopping by to ask for a price. I guarantee it's something ridiculous.

John2002

yeah, for some reason I like the turbine or hurricanes wheels. If I had 4 wheel disc brakes I'd want a 5 spoke wheel but looking at the little dog dish drum brake thru a 4 lug spoked wheel would be a shame....you can pop the center cap off without removing the lugs so they should have covered the lugs to hide that. I've seen them on some Thunder Birds of that year....left over Fairmont parts....LOL

I spotted this one this morning in Silver Spring, MD.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
557614e82eefe0f4059f4b83b4b8ca8e.jpg

Last edited:

broncojunkie

I went to lunch with a couple coworkers today and we were sandwiched in a single cab f150, so I couldn't take a pic. But a local used car dealer had 2 bright red aero model fox bodies on the front row. One was a hatchback and the other was a vert. To be honest, that vert really stood out. It was sharp. Both of them looked to be in excellent condition and pretty much stock (factory hoods and at least the vert had turbines...don't recall on the hatchback.)

I won't even bother stopping by to ask for a price. I guarantee it's something ridiculous.

I stopped by yesterday after work, since I was in the area and stopped to fill up at the station beside the car lot. They still had both of them and I managed to snap a couple pics. prices weren't bad. $6000 for the hatch and $6800 for the vert. No idea what kind of mechanical condition they were in. They were both autos.

red hatchback.jpg Red Vert.jpg

John2002

Nice top on the vert, I want so much to take my tape off the body side moldings, I guess I'll have to look up how on You Tube...

broncojunkie

The vert had nice black vinyl interior...or maybe it was actually leather? It looked to be in great shape. The hatchback had grey leather, but the front seats were cracked and weathered...not terribly, but they could use new covers. The paint seemed like it was pretty good, as did most of the trim. If the mechanics were in good condition, I would say these prices weren't bad at all. I know I have more than that in my '88 and I haven't even touched the motor yet. I need all new exhaust, too, from headers to tips. So I doubt you could build one as nice as those for the prices they're asking. I'm surprised they're still there. Maybe because they're autos?

I have a friend that just picked up a limited edition Foxbody. He is feverishly working to get it road ready. It will be nice to to see the McLaren restored.

aa9a0e1cad575cf141bbd421c4aa1979.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited: