• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chronicles of the Beast!

Blown347

Staff member
Thanks bud, not done with wiring but pretty close. Board is in the car now and just finishing connections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blown347

Staff member
Sneak peak at the Rons Terminator mechanical alcohol injection. :)

608f600cbc66f86f1f0fe08c3a6f73b7.jpg

73ca1d72ead5ac41109976d914b28167.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
Another one with the nitrous plate installed :)
49af909eb11186a70bfc50a2dfca4362.jpg

Did some work this weekend, almost done with the front mount fuel cell, degreed the cam, installed master cylinder and adj proportioning valve, a couple smaller things as well.

Hopefully soon I'll have some cool stuff to show you guys. Just not enough hours in the day sometimes.

Blown347

Staff member
Got all the accessory drive sorted out. It's a pain to get an alternator to run with the belt driven fuel pump. So some fabrication was necessary. Also got my door panels installed and welded on the pan evac system. The headers will be painted silver probably tomorrow. Coming Together :)

9f53e629dfec0dfa75ba57be1145032a.jpg

4cb801d1a5bb887cb3d00dd11123ffd0.jpg

1f04785c9ed507bd611acb6c9f534b9b.jpg

mustanggarage

what are those big tubes in the exhaust for? it looks like the air tube for smog pump. I am pretty sure that is not what it is for but I can't figure out what it would be for.

Blown347

Staff member
what are those big tubes in the exhaust for? it looks like the air tube for smog pump. I am pretty sure that is not what it is for but I can't figure out what it would be for.
It's a pan evac system. It's the poor man alternative to a vacuum pump. You run hose to the breathers on the valve covers and it draws vacuum on the crankcase. Same function as a pcv valve except instead of getting all that oily vapor in your intake system it goes out the exhaust.

Blown347

Staff member
I figured it must be something like that. interesting solution. is this something a lot of racers do?

btw the whole car is looking awesome.
Yeah it's a pretty common setup. It really doesn't pull much vacuum, usually around 4 cfm. It's usually good for a couple HP, and it keeps you from having that oily smell from just running breathers. A vacuum pump will pull 12-30 cfm depending on what your engine likes and can be worth a significant amount of power (20 all the way to 40 hp is common) because it helps control blowby so much. Most run low tension rings with a pump. But a $500 price tag hurts lol.

Thanks buddy, I'm anxious to finish it for sure. Been down for too long!

Blown347

Staff member
From the looks of things with the fuel cell installed it's gonna be a tight fit to get that beast in there.
Eh it shouldn't be bad, it only hangs over the fender apron like 2", just enough for the feed fitting on the back to hang off