• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

opinions on amount of power needed

Sksimmortal

ok so i drive my car every day. i love driving it cept in rain and snow (buying a truck for those days) but im tying to decide the way i want to build my car. im new to the fords and have only had my car for around 6 months. i love driving it but it needs more power in my opinion. now my brother (very cocky always talking trash) has a 2005 gto. ls2 6.0 6 speed with traction control. i want my car to be able to beat his if the time was ever to come. i know factory he is hitting about 400 so im assuming i would need around 400-500 to beat him. what would be your thoughts on what is needed to put him back in his place?

broncojunkie

If you invested in a good set of aluminum heads, upper and lower intake, and maybe a lower gear I'm betting you could smoke him. :) What year is your car? If it's speed density, I believe you would need a maf swap to run correctly. You don't need to match hp to be faster. Not sure what his car weighs, but probably quite a bit more than your fox. Those upgrades would cost a little over $2g if you use new parts and do the work yourself. You can find nice used parts, if you look around and save some $. Of course, you should also consider a few other upgrades if you do it. Subframe connectors and brake upgrades would nice.

Sksimmortal

well my car is a 1987 speed density and it has some upgrades. it has long tube headers off road x pipe with flowmaster super 10 mufflers. sub frame connectors tremec t5 trans tower brace. it doesnt have a whole lot but some is already done. im looking at the brakes since i bought black hart drilled and slotted rotors and they are trash. they shake the steering wheel when i hit the brakes and at 80+ they barely want to stop the car so im going to be doing the brake upgrade and prolly going to look into bigger disks. his car weights a little over 700 more according to the stickers on the door